Register

Can't Log In Chat

From the very start of this change over, I could not log into chat. It says I don't exist. (see image below) I don't go there much so it was no big deal. I'm thinking it doesn't recognize the way I spell my avatar; æonpax

Re: Can't Log In Chat

the database HTML binary system can not read the user name cos of the code for AE

most people use
    Alt +E6
    Alt 0230
    Alt 145

the database sees it as #230; / æ/ æ and cos that doesn't match your username, it reports a nonexistant user......
    there is actually a & in front of the #230 but it converts to your AE symbol when the full sequence is used, so I left off the & to show you the difference in your name and what the system sees

Last edited by Long Duck Dong; May 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM.
    The only thing more painful than a broken heart, is catching yourself in your zip and having very cold hands

I grabbed this thread to say that THE CHAT IS BROKE! No one can log into the chat as it isn't there.

As of 0900 PDT May 7, 2012, the chat room was unavailable. The chat came us as an error.
    "Remember; if you can't resolve your conflicts with the power of the word...hit them with your laptop!"--© 1998 J.E. Benedict

No error here, just a blank page. I choose to blame you for this, John.

I corroborate the chat problem as well, as of 7 May, 2012 at 1:11 PM EDT. I should further mention that I tried to enter chat using both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Neither worked.

It would be refreshing for once to find that the threads didn't work. I've never seen such debasing of the human charactre as I see in here.

Yep, still a blank page coming up

The chat is back up.

aeonpax, I will have to get back to you on your problem - it almost certainly has to do with the special character in your username.

- Drew