Register

Thread: Hello friends!!

Hello friends!!

It's been a long time! After MONTHS of computer issues, we finally bought a new laptop. I was sitting here on the site this morning thinking about pm'ing some of my friends to find out how everyone was doing. I subsequently realized that would take a long, long time to type out individual messages to everyone I love on here....so, being the lazy typer I am, I thought I'd post this and ask..What's new with the world lately?? How is everyone?
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

Re: Hello friends!!

Hey Shy Sweetie!

How's Texas?

If you have time, I'm sure we'd like to hear of your adventures in your new home!

Hey!

Greets from another Texan (of the got here quick as I could variety :-)

Liz

Hey Shy, wb honey. Hope the move was as easy as you hoped it would be and that you are all safe and happy.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Talking Re: Hello friends!!

Hello Beautiful. Welcome Home.
    Biiiig kisses and a couple of gropes that I cant give you on Face Book..lmao
    Your Cat
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Welcome back! Good to hear all is back in order!
    *Insert witty comment here*

From a San Antonio Texan, hi and glad to hear your computer is working.

Did you get snow last week, we did. We live in such a beautiful place, (south texas). I feel for what the folks down under are going through this week and of course all of the folks getting hit with heavy snow.

Sam

Do not be afraid of death, be afraid of a boring life.

Needless to say, it's been a crazy ride since we left Indiana!! Didn't want you all to think I've forgotten about your posts...Have had a bad cold and haven't been able to form an intelligent response yet about our move Will get to that as soon as the Nyquil fog lifts!!

Btw....gropes, pokes and lotsa kisses back to ya, Cat!! I'm still holding out for that visit
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

hay hi WB big hugs
    mudpaws you know you love him

Ok, cold is gone, house is clean, errands taken care of...now I can sit down and write about our adventures from Indiana to Texas!! The trip out here was crazy crazy!! I covered it in a post sometime around June so I won't go back into that. We'll just say that everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and we arrived in Texas after driving for three days (should have taken 18 hours)! Had some trouble with the house we had lined up but finally ended up getting the moron to answer the phone after another night in a hotel....when we arrived at the house, it was absolutely NOTHING like the pictures and not what we expected. At this point, we had been driving for four days with a 9 year old and two sick cats, with everything we owned in the U-Haul and trucks we were driving. Against our better judgement, we went ahead and rented the house, which turned out to be a disaster. Thank god we were smart enough to sign a three month lease at the 12 month rate, cause after three months, we were ready to get the hell outta there!!!

About a week later, my beloved cat Kenny died. It was one of the saddest things in my life. Poor little guy started sneezing as soon as we left Indiana and by the time we ended up in our house in Texas, he was so ill. No money for a vet so I nursed him the best I could with antibiotics, fed him diluted canned food through a syringe and prayed for the best. Can't say anything more about that without bawling but it was heartbreaking.

The job.....oh boy!! The job we moved out here for turned out to be not good. Hubby, bless his genius brain, was still putting in resumes right up to the day we left Indiana just in case. He ended up not taking the first job, got offered a job an hour and a half away from where we had just moved and took that one. LOL What a mouthful, and I swear we're not idiots!! He started working two days after we arrived in Texas and has been working at the same place, and loving it, ever since. The pay is awesome, about three times what he was making in Indiana and he has made some great friends.

NOW I get to the part where everything turns good....After two months of driving three hours a day back and forth to work, his new boss says, "Meet me after work, I have a surprise for you." Turns out, he BOUGHT US A HOUSE. And no, I'm not joking. He bought this terrible, run down piece of junk in a great neighborhood JUST SO he could remodel it completely and rent it to us. How great is that?!?! Not only does this guy own a Bobcat dealership where hubby works, he also owns a luxury remodeling and homebuilding business. Needless to say, after about a month and a half of working on the house, it was absolutely beautiful. Brand new everything, they tore out the walls and completely restructured the house, put in new flooring, appliances, custom built gorgeous cabinets in the kitchen...I could go on forever! It is the nicest house I have ever lived in, we're still working out a few kinks with the plumbing but nothing I can't live with. We live in the kind of neighborhood where people bring you soup when you're sick, and all the kids play together outside!! My daughter has made lots of new friends and loves it here! I'm working on decorating the house....we ended up giving almost all of our furniture to Goodwill before we left (it was too expensive to move it) so for the first five months of living in Texas, hubby and I slept on air mattresses and the floor, after the other cat poked holes in the first three The best part is, when we moved into this house, we had NOTHING in our living room except two metal folding chairs. NOW it's full. Within a week, the neighbors found out our situation, and the furniture started pouring in. We have a nice leather couch and recliner, a table and chairs, and a BED!!! A guy we didn't even know gave us a brand new Craftmatic adjustable bed LOL (Always saw those on TV and wanted one).

I'm not working right now. Just staying home and loving every minute of it. I get to polish up our pretty new house every day and play with my daughter when she gets home from school. We're having fun exploring this great big state we moved to Hubby is happier and more relaxed than I've ever seen him. Life is good.

For you Texans out there, this is for you.....I've always heard about Texas hospitality but never had the opportunity to experience it firsthand. I have never met more caring, generous, and just plain good people in my life as I have since we moved here. Everywhere we go, people are amazing. I can't get over how great a place this is

What a wonderful story! I am so happy for your blessings.

Thumbs up Re: Hello friends!!

Well now Shy, glad to see you back on line and back in line too! Sounds like Murphys Law chased you every inch of the way from Indiana to Texas, and beyond. But to look on the bright side of it all, look to what and where you, and family eventually got chased to.

But now to be truthful,,, I am of the opinion that you folks left the mid north just in the nick of time. Considering how cold it got this winter, and with all the snow this year!!! Yep, you guys left just in the nick of time! However, it is getting time to make sure that the air-conditioning is working properly. Because this summer, your gonna be wanting it

Also, judging from your last post, with all the new friends that you are making in your new neighbor-hood, you are obviously "not as shy as you used to be"

Just glad to see that things are returning to something similar to normal for you. So welcome back!

Your friend,

I love a story with a good ending! (Well, not the ending, just that chapter!)

You write so well, I could visualize the whole thing!

I'm happy for you, Lady!

Thumbs up Re: Hello friends!!

Whoo Hoo! I am so glad everything turned out well, Darlin. Texas folk are just down home people, and are generous to a fault. :} It sounds like you have the perfect dream house and even after all of the kidding I did with on Face Book about the Plumbers, I know it was all for the best.
    Bestest of luck and get pics when you can. I know "I" would love to see some more pics of you..
    Did I mention I have relitives in San Antone.... *Grins*
    Muah!
    Cat
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Life lookin up then Shy.. tis a gud thing.. ya dus sound a happy gal.. triff!! An welcum back..
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

Oh Shy...I am THRILLED for you all. See out of something bad great good can come. Your home sounds wonderful and having hubby have a job he loves is icing on the cake. It will take a while to get settled in and making a house a HOME is the fun part. Glad we will see you back here too.

All the Best,
    Belle

Wow, Shy, just read your updated post. So thankful things are looking up for you and hubby and so sorry about the cat. Major hugs, hope everything continues to be great for you and your family.
    Standing hand in hand with my love

Cara ch' 'm blaidd

Welcome back Shy.

Awesome. Congratulations. Sounds like you've found real community. Nothing like it!
    Cheers
    Atiq

.................................................. .................................................. ........
    I'll decide between men and women the day you decide between food and oxygen.

Welcome back Shy. I like every part if the USA that I have visited, but Texas stood out as the friendliest place I have ever been, (...almost every place in the US, Newark didn't exactly do it for me :-). Glad it is working out for you.

N

SHYYYYYY!!!!!

i missed you!

wb

"me so happy. me want cry."