Register

Thread: shaving

shaving

I like to keep everything shaved nice but often get razor burn any suggestions on how not to.

Re: shaving

I always had razor burn on my face while I was in the Army, but haven't had it since I grew a beard. Also, I found that the stubble on a lovers pubis scratched my shaven face. Now we just rub our hair together.
    I know that that is not an answer of how to solve you problem, but I was never able to find one in my thirty-year stint.
    BiOldMan

That's precisely why I don't shave! I prefer trimming to shaving anyday!

shave everyday,with a sharp razor,then use a moistorizer.or shave once a week,still use a sharp razor an moistorizer.wear loose fitting underware,or none at all.

Shave regularly, everyday or every other day. That works for us.
    BiBoz49 Live in the moment

I prefer trimed to shaved just less maintainence but occasionally when at a resort or involved in sexual/social activities a trick my wife turned me on to was to use hair conditioner instead of a soap like product..haven't had a rash since

I guess I have to ask whether you are using a good lubricant-type product (shaving cream/oil/hair conditioner) when you shave, *and* if you are using good razors and changing the blades frequently?

Three things contribute to that irritation:
    1) allergies to inredients in the lubricating products
    2) dull blades
    3) skin that has not been sloughed and has a build up of dead derma...
    so when the hairs grow back, they can not puncture through the thin top layer of skin- and tiny ingrowns can happen within hours. They can even get infected and pussy (EW!!!! *SO* not what you want goin on in yer crotch R& Lubes for a GR8 Shavewhen you want to get intimate. ) You need to loofah or poof the skin down there REGULARLY and VIGOROUSLY to remove andy dead skin cells and avoid the re-growth issues.

Personally, I love the feeling of shaving for about 4-5hrs before I am INSANE with discomfort of pokey, itchy hair regrowth. I wax, go to a GREAT lady who does full "Brazilians" and is reasonable priced too. She is very hygenic and her space is clean and professional... despite her asking me to thrown my leg over my head so she can get in there to the nooks and crannies. LOL. This requires one to be slighly masochistic- it can be EXTREMELY painful the first time you do it. If you try this, trim your hair to about 3/4"-1" and if its too short, you'll need to grow it out to this length, or the wax, can't grab the hair; too long and it HURTS like HELL when it is ripped out. The pain for me is quick and over, and well worth the WEEKS of smooth comfy issue/maintenance-free nethers.
    The regrowth is less thick and never pokey. I don't mind the baby bit of thin fine hair that grows back in a month... and it is less thick and thus less painful every time I go back.

I have also tried depilatoriesdown there (Nair, etc) with mixed results. In a time/budget pinch, it works as well as waxing and there is no pokey-ness hours after I've done it. It remains soft and prickle-free even when growing back. The downfalls are that it can leave my tender nethers sensitive from the chemicals... and make being intimate less than the joyous thing it SHOULD be... (not a prob if I do it the day BEFORE I plan to get intimate.) Also, I did my entire legs and pubes about 2 wks ago and I was astonished as how smooooth and sensitive the backs of my legs were- it was scintillating to wear clothing, feel sheets, be TOUCHED!!!
    BUT- as it grew back in, b/c the hair is SO fine there, I got little UGLY bumps all over my thighs on the back and front when I forgot to exfoliate there aggressively (scrub off the dead skin for the fine hair's re-growth.) The lil bumps are persistant little buggers and I think rather unsightly. Don't think I'll be doing that again.

There are several products out that help blade-shavers with razor bumps and irritated skin. Some are quite expensive but work REALLY well. So if you want to dedicate a budget to your smoooooothness... here are some suggestions:

Pre-Shave Products:
    -the afterglow by philosophy
    http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/...-1_25603_24022
    (if I shaved my pubes often enough, I would DEFINATELY invest in this one.)

GR8 Lubes for a GR8 Shave:
    -razor sharp by philosophy
    http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/...-1_25638_24022
    (this one is amazing b/c of the use of silicone in it... )

-Blade Runner by Origins
    http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...D=CATEGORY5817
    (my bf LOVES this for his *face*)

-the common man by philosophy
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...ndFilter=21950
    (I swear by this company's prods. Though have not yet tried this for shaving.)

-other pharmacy-type over-the-counter products that have silicone in them... I've seen them around. Once you try something that uses the addition of this ingredient, it will change what you thought shaving cream was supposed to do and raise the bar forever.

For the BURN:
    -Fire Fighter by Origins
    http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...UCT_ID=PROD284

I am sure there are LOTS more products in every price range, but these are the ones I have experience with. I am frugal, so buy lots of stuff on eBay with great success. Often times eBay sellers will sell you a small sample if you can;t find something locally and want to try it.

Hope you find this helpful!

- 3naib

we are both shaved and love it.... loks nice and no little hairs in the back of your throat., then again trimmed is nice too....
    love to meet others who are playful and like to explore

Gillette Mach III works very well. I Prefer shaved!

Quote Originally Posted by 3naib
    They can even get [...] pussy (EW!!!! *SO* not what you want goin on in yer crotch
    I disagree. I suspect half the people here want pussy in their crotch.

I shave all the time. I shave my face and genitals only. My legs are hairy but damn sexy.

The way i dont get razor burn is after i shave i put some cologne (with alcohol) on my hands and rub it all over my genitals (dick and balls) It hurts a bit but takes care of any little cuts i may had.

I love shaving and anyone else that does! Its so sexy!

In the beginning, untill your body gets used to being shaved, use powder to keep the area dry. That's all there is to it, the trick is in keeping that area, usually hot and moist, hot but dry.

Being shaved to me is being totally naked. A big bush can look like a bikini bottom, which is not a negative in any way mind you, or at least wispy covering, and feeling skin on skin or having the feeling of a tongue touching that naked spot is so fantastic. Let me show you... ;-)
    If sex is for fun, the genders of the participants are irrelevant.

My personal preference for shaving my pubic area is shower first and give the hairs chance to soften a little first. Then, very hot water, mach 3 razor and a shaving oil; I prefer king of shaves. Never had a problem with razor burn since I started shaving over ten years ago.

Lots of great advice here but because we are all different, experiment and find what works for you. Just don't leave it too long before shaves; every couple of days should be good.

Doug
    Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things. Tao Te Ching Chapter 13 - The value of a modest heart.

i use the venus shaver without any cream or water works very well on the balls and around the penis, well the whole pubic area.
    very slight preasure and nearly no iritation.
    ... and talking about venus, get yourself the new vibrating venus shaver (look for the 5$ cupon in the sunday paper) this is the nicest little vibrator you ever had.
    remove the blade and enjoy the noisless vibrator. works well with recharchable aaa bateries. my wife loves it and i am having fun finding new hotspots all over her body.
    did i mention that it is very quiet???

It took some expirementation to find what works best for me, but.... 1)Poof down the area w/a shower sponge, to remove old skin 2)Use a shaving gel (I use Edge gel with the grey top, it is unscented) 3)A Shick Silk Effect ladies razor, it seems to have a less aggressive cut than a mans razor 4)Shave every day 5)Change blades every two weeks 6)Use an aftershave 7)Finish w/a moisturizing cream. I use Cetafil, which is also unscented. As an aside, it took 2-3 weeks for my body to adjust to shaving, and 3-4 months to find the materials/proceedures that work for me. I do like the look and feel !

eods79

Quote Originally Posted by Driver 8
    I disagree. I suspect half the people here want pussy in their crotch.

Yeah...I wouldnt mind

Use a very sharp razor... we like Venus Divine.. after you get done shaving (yes this is weird) rub deodorant on the area. I never get razor burn plus it make it very soft. Find one that works for you.