Register

Thread: Back to school

Back to school

Well everyone, I finally did it!! Today was my first day of school I'm pretty excited about this...I think it's a great step toward regaining my life back after my long battle with PTSD and severe anxiety. Life just gets better all the time!
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

Re: Back to school

Congratulations, Still Shy!! Good luck, and have fun!

Keep up the good work hun! desensitizing and adventuring is a good way to start dealing with PTSD. I haven't had a panic attack in 2 years, no meds either. So I'm rootin for ya hun. You can do it. You have taken some of the biggest steps so far. So Great job !

Congratulations... it was our first day back here too! Shy... time for the dean's list You know you can do it!!!
    Calandergirl (34)

A dreamer and a lover

Being in the southern hemisphere, we don't have long breaks in the middle of the year, but at the end/beginning. We have just started our mid-semester break (2 weeks) so now I can do some chillin, get some more video games in.
    "Homo sapiens, the first truly free species, is about to decommission natural selection, the force that made us.... Soon we must look deep within ourselves and decide what we wish to become."

- Edward O. Wilson

Still Shy,

I was 29 when I went to college..........on the GI bill. Best thing I ever did was to get an education. From the time I graduated, my whole life was better. I got better jobs, made some intelligent friends, felt more confident, and knew I'd done something to better myself ..............and my loved ones as well.

Congratulations, best of luck to you!

Good for you! I didn't start college until I was 26 and it was the best decision I ever made. Trained me to a great career.

Congratulations. I think that you are doing a great thing for yourself to head back to school. It is a new begining. Best of Luck.

Belle

Thank you so much for all the kind words everyone!!!
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

Thumbs up Re: Back to school

Fan-tastic! You GO Girlfriend! I didnt get to College until I was 38, and believe me, it was the best move I could have possibly made.
    It opend doors that prieviously had been closed to me, and enlightened my mind in a way I never thought possible!
    Keep up the great work darlin! And if ya need some help with yer grammer or punk-tu-ation, let me know. I be edacated ya know...lol
    Hugs Honey!
    Silly Cat
    Last edited by Cherokee_Mountaincat; Aug 26, 2009 at 5:08 PM. Reason: Because Im a dunce and mis-spelled a word...lol
    I'm tryin' my best to leave a loving foot print on the hearts of the folks who's lives I touch..longly, or briefly..:}
    Minx

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    Robert A. Heinlein

well congrats r in order still shy ...glad that u r back in school wise choice... glad that u r doing better keep u're head held high & u can do anything...

Congrats on going back to school...we are all so PROUD OF YOU.

yeah..congratulations on school
    i'm a true believer that if you really put your mind to something, you can accomplish anything (well nearly anything )

Congragulations! I went back to school last year. I have a year left. It was a big step. Hope you do well!