Register

Thread: Any advice?

Any advice?

okay back in nov 05, after being together for about 2.5 years, i broke it off with my girlfriend and i still regret every word i said to her, but recently she's calling me a lot more and telling me that she still thinks im sexy and everything. this attention she's giving me is making me like her again. any suggestions on what i should do?

LoveLion

Re: Any advice?

hmmm, tough situation. If I were you I would sit down with myself and think about everything you went through with her before, the good, the bad, the sex, the feelings, really think about it, and then ask yourself if you were happier then, if you think it could go anywhere, and if you want to go through it again.

I know its cheesy, but listen to your heart

I think it depends on why you broke it off. If it was for some silly reason ... go back. If on the other hand it was a serious difference, stay away. What ever the real differences you had, those reasons will not go away and will come up again, can you deal with a repeat?
    Dirty old men need love too.

Ex-es are ex-es for a reason. You had a reason to break it off with her before. If that reason was valid then you owe it to yourself NOT to go through that again.

You are a worthy and worthwhile person who deserves the best. If you didn't get along with her before and those issues weren't resolved, nothing will be different this time.
    Never be bullied into silence;
    Never let yourself be made a victim;
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define yourself.

I think you'd really need to tell us why you split up for me to be able to tell you what I would do in your situation.

All the advice above is pretty sound. I agree and think that before u make a decision u just cannot afford to ignore what memory tells you however much the heart tugs. I do caution that memory can play tricks, and its essential that you take time to weigh up your decision before committing or otherwise. Rushing it may lead to regrets. I know that time is not always an ally and that u may miss the boat, but it is so much better to be as sure as you can be before jumping in, and the only cold comfort there is that if she is not prepared to wait then her words really meant little. The reasons for the split must have been important but only u know how much so, and its necessary for those ghosts to be exorcised if there is hope for a fulflling and loving relationship to recommence.
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

the reason why i broke it off was because she would get jelous about everything... if i was hanging out with another girl, she'd huff and puff then storm off and the fact that what she wanted was what she got, she didnt care about my needs. after we broke it off we talked about it and she said if we ever get back together, she'd make sure she wasn't like that. i dont know to believe her or not.

In that case I'd say give her a trial, but think very carefully before moving in if you're thinking of doing so.