Register

View Poll Results: Where do you fall on the Kinsey scale?

Voters
496. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-straight/heterosexual

6 1.21%

23 4.64%

78 15.73%

201 40.52%

113 22.78%

48 9.68%
  • 6-Gay/lesbian

12 2.42%
  • X-I'm asexual

15 3.02%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Where do you fall on the Kinsey scale?

Like a ripe watermelon, from a great height.
    "I like the pole & the hole."

Quote Originally Posted by liberlib View Post
    I find conversations threads on this topic interesting and frustrating, illuminating and a demonstration of how misleaded we get when we focus on finding a label. I answered the poll as three but, if I apply Kinsey's original research criteria, I have gone from a strong 0 to a 4 or more. Why? Because I originally as a young man was strictly interested and interacted with femaies. If I had known anyone at that time that was going living or going through a transgender transition, I probably would have counted them on the female side (especially if they were living and presenting themselves as a female) and I knew/accepted but not understood how a man could want sex with another man. But, for the past few years, I have had a growing attraction and desire for intimacy with other men and experienced and seek it. I still find and enjoy sex with my wife and can find other women attractive but I have little or no interest in sex with other women other than curiousity. By that original criteria, I am probably a four or maybe even a five although I have not reached a stage where I would give up my wife to live with another man. But this demonstrates some of the issues that resulted in developing and trying to use the Klein scale to describe a persons attitude and behavior toward sex. And the biggest one is that, over time, the Kinsey scale is not a good description other than a value at a point in time. I would like to think that, as I have grown older and gained experience, I have learned that the value for me of another person is not their gender but how they behave and how they react to me. And that is not on the Kinsey, Klein, or another 'scale' seeking to separate people in a LBGT spectrum. Instead of putting someone in a box labeled 'bisexual' or 'gay' or 'lesbian', I like the categories of 'friend', 'stimulating', 'comforting', 'interesting', 'someone to share mutual interests with'.

Oh for fucks sake! Like most people on here, ur here because ur a lover of man. Accept it. It's not like you're admitting to being a Nazi! Or a republican.
    Last edited by dafydd; Nov 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
    "I like the pole & the hole."

'Oh for fucks sake! Like most people on here, ur here because ur a lover of man. Accept it.' Why the flame? I have no trouble admitting a I am 'lover of man' (actually, it is more likely to be 'men'). But my statement was to make the point that I feel it is silly trying to make a claim to a place on the Kinsey scale. For one reason, because it tends to be point I am passing by rather than a permanent residence. And for another, by the factors we are trying to apply, I find I live more in a range of those values and not in a narrow band.