PDA

View Full Version : Im going to do it.

M. Wolfe
Jul 10, 2009, 12:43 AM
I'm going to write this on a toilet wall somewhere.

Don't you think it's strange?
You sit here and survey the graffiti left by a dozen other youths as if to look for something. How glad should I be that you found my contribution, yet I never can be as I won't ever know you are reading this. I stall a moment in my writing considering the idea of leaving my name here but I think that would be wasted on most people, but not you. Who are you? Where are you from? What are you doing with your life? What makes you different from 6 billion people? I have know idea who you are but you are starting to know me in my anonymity, and in this moment, there only exists you and I because of this one way communication of this single instant. But I do know that really all we have our instants, and thus our instants multiplied are called a life, so for now my anonymity is lost in your sharing this moment with me.

Do you like?

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 10, 2009, 1:09 AM
LOL Great writing Darlin, but like, how many of them are even gunna Get what you said? lol :tongue:
Hugs
Cat

M. Wolfe
Jul 10, 2009, 1:13 AM
LOL Great writing Darlin, but like, how many of them are even gunna Get what you said? lol :tongue:
Hugs
Cat

If I write so people can understand me then yes, but I don't.
But I think I'll put it in one of the university toilets to boost the odds.

Realist
Jul 10, 2009, 7:21 AM
I'm afraid you'll have to be constipated, in order to have enough time to write all that!

When I first began working on the military base, years ago, I was using the latrine, reading the many words of wit written inside.

Some "shithouse poet", as they were affectionately known, wrote in that stall:

"Don't bother to stand on the seat, crabs in here can jump ten feet!"

How's that for astute poetry?

M. Wolfe
Jul 10, 2009, 8:18 AM
I'm afraid you'll have to be constipated, in order to have enough time to write all that!

I really take my time on the toilet, I figure I can't be the only one. And if it catches an eye, they'll stay to they finish it ans it won't be that long.

codybear3
Jul 10, 2009, 8:43 AM

When I first began working on the military base, years ago, I was using the latrine, reading the many words of wit written inside.

Some "shithouse poet", as they were affectionately known, wrote in that stall:

"Don't bother to stand on the seat, crabs in here can jump ten feet!"

How's that for astute poetry?

ROFLMAO... That same troop must've been in the same base I was stationed in... :paw::paw:

Good stuff, M.Wolfe... In the military, you almost have a "scheduled" latrine time so a touch of constipation woulda helped a bit to read it kwik...

I also found some: Here I sit, all broken hearted, came to shit but only farted... :bigrin:

Realist
Jul 10, 2009, 8:56 AM
Ah, Wadsworth, Longfellow, Shakespear, even David, had nothing on those poets!

dickhand
Jul 11, 2009, 3:46 PM
Over the urinal in the men's room of our local bowling alley " We aim to please , Your aim is appreciated ! "
On the door of the shitter " If you sprinkle when you tinkle , Be a sweetie and wipe the seatie ! "

shybipinay
Jul 11, 2009, 9:33 PM
I'm going to write this on a toilet wall somewhere.

...... I have know idea who you are but you are starting to know me in my anonymity, .............

Correct the spelling error. It should be: "I have no idea who you are......."

It also becomes a run-on sentence:

".......because of this one way communication of this single instant, but I know that really all we have our instants,..........."

Take out the "but" and make it a period after "instant". New sentence begins, "I know that really......"

Then change "our instants" to "are instants" and it's perfect.

Great stuff!!

M. Wolfe
Jul 11, 2009, 9:55 PM
I think these are deliberate 'errors' :2cents:

the run-on is the only deliberate error.

M. Wolfe
Jul 11, 2009, 11:08 PM
Perhaps a sprinkling of dyslexic muse?

No I just type to fast and my fingers aren't always sure whether it's 'know' or 'no', 'are' or 'our' etc.
Fixed:

Don't you think it's strange?
You sit here and survey the graffiti left by a dozen other youths as if to look for something. How glad should I be that you found my contribution, yet I never can be as I won't ever know you are reading this. I stall a moment in my writing considering the idea of leaving my name here but I think that would be wasted on most people, but not you. Who are you? Where are you from? What are you doing with your life? What makes you different from six billion people? I have no idea who you are but you are starting to know me in my anonymity, and in this moment, there only exists you and I because of this one way communication of this single instant. But I do know that really all we have is our instants, and thus our instants multiplied are called a life, so for now, my anonymity is lost in your sharing this moment with me.