PDA

View Full Version : Fear-mongering NOM

MetaSexual2
Apr 9, 2009, 8:09 AM
Hatred, fear, bigotry.... the storm is brewing :tong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp76ly2_NoI

12voltman59
Apr 9, 2009, 9:09 AM
The anti-same-sex marriage groups are going to rely on fear, falsehoods and bigotry in an attempt to "win this war"

They actually do say things like "if two men or two women are allowed to be married---then it means that a man can marry his dog or a horse--or maybe a dead body, or marry many wives!" Whatever, crap their minds can conjure.

They say such things seriously---but I have recently seen some program---they had video from the 50s and 60s of white supremecist types saying the same exact thing when the laws were changing to allow for interracial marriage. They played the comments of the anti same sex marriage folks side by side with the comments made by the racists from a generation ago. Almost the same exact words, said in almost the same exact way.

Interracial marriage finally happened and the sky didn't fall.

The other big way the anti same-sex groups are focusing on this very strongly----they hold as absoulte, incontrovertible fact that the only way to raise children successfully is to have families lead by a man and a woman.

That conclusion is only true to a point--part of the way they do things---take things that have some kernal of truth then inflate and conflate it----but the studies indicating that this is true to a degree----the studies go on to also very clearly finding that such is only the case if the environment set up by those man/woman families are lead by a loving couple who establish a loving, stable, relatively functional environment without things like substance abuse, mental and physical abuse of any sort taking place, no crminal activity taking place in the household--things of that nature---but the same thing is also true of famiiles led by a single parent of either gender---or families lead by "two mommies or two daddies" as long as the family enviroment is stable, nuturing, loving and generally positive---so it really does not matter what the structure of the family is---it depends on the type of environment experienced and established by the respective family units.

That of course is too nuianced version of things---they take one thing that is true--then seperate that out and run with it and in Orwellian fashion---say the big lie enough times in enough ways--it takes on a patina of "truth." (in the words of Steven Colbert--it is a form of "truthiness.")

Following the logic of these people out to its logical conclusion--if for any reason---a divorce or death of one spouse takes place in a traditional male/female marriage thus ending that marriage and they have kids---when that marriage ends--then the famly must be dissolved since it is so harmful the children no longer have both a male and female parent living together and being raised by only one parent is such a bad thing.

I guess that divorce should be outlawed by their reasoning--even if that marriage and family life is a disaster zone--but by god--we have two parents--one man, one woman leading that fracked up marriage and family scene, so that is Ok!!!

I do wonder where all those millions of kids are supposed to go?? To go live in the foster care system---set up orphanages again???

So much BS is put out by these people-the thing is--so many people are so thick--they fall for that crap and they buy into the fear and hatred too of those "who are like me."

Another myth like thing the anti same sex marriage forces rely on----talk about the "nature of marriage" but the fact of our society's currently held version of marriage----is reallly something rather new in terms of the longer time span of humanity--in fact--- the structure of our current form of marriage has only been around but a proverbial "drop in a bucket" in terms of time---and over time--the structure of marriage has changed dramatically--it is not like that structure was set in stone in some far away time in some far away land and that it has always been thus since that day---but then again--if you are someone who is really into the way people lived back in the bronze age and think we should live life that way or at least the version of the way life back then is presented---that is the kind of stuff ya get!!!

It is fine if people chose to live their lives like its 0 AD or maybe 1955-- like on the sitcoms of that era---that is fine--it is a free country after all---but the rest of us want to live in 2009, thank you very much.

evilpanda
Apr 9, 2009, 10:34 AM
this is the best response i've heard so far:

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Will Ruin Society
by KAREN on JUNE 30, 2006
in HUMOR

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans ™ always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

FYI: I do not hate gay people nor do I support any attempts to legally discriminate against them. In other words, this post is pure snark aimed at the idiocy of the bigots who think that “CIVILIZATION ITSELF!!!!!” will end if gay people are afforded the same rights and privileges we straight people enjoy

rissababynta
Apr 9, 2009, 11:04 AM
this is the best response i've heard so far:

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Will Ruin Society
by KAREN on JUNE 30, 2006
in HUMOR

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans ™ always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

FYI: I do not hate gay people nor do I support any attempts to legally discriminate against them. In other words, this post is pure snark aimed at the idiocy of the bigots who think that “CIVILIZATION ITSELF!!!!!” will end if gay people are afforded the same rights and privileges we straight people enjoy

:bowdown: to Karen

GalacticiaActual
Apr 9, 2009, 11:43 AM
Stinks of a certain political party... Their mission is to divide and conqer through lies and fear... Very sad.

Georgie_Girl
Apr 9, 2009, 12:43 PM
Sheep. That commercial is trying to scare more people into becoming their sheep. 'Baa you say it's wrong so I will follow blindly with no opinion of my own BAAAAA' I wonder if any of those actors have been discriminated against?

evilpanda
Apr 9, 2009, 1:55 PM
what pisses me off about the religious argument is that they are saying that LGBTs rights are not as important as their religious rights. That might be a compelling argument for some, but we know that they are defending their right to hate.

according to the ad, a doctor should be able to refuse to provide care for someone on religious grounds. so, doctors can refuse to abort a baby... and refuse to remove a bullet from a hate crime victim. this view states that religious persecution is a more important right than the so-called 'inalienable human rights' that are conveniently not worth applying to some.

nothing makes these people look more dispicable than the reality that they honestly believe that they are better than us. their right to teach their children to hate us trumps our right to live and love. "a rainbow coalition of peace and love, people of all creeds and colors, coming together in love," to strip a minority of human rights.

as for the actors who appeared in this ad, they should be held accountable as well. the minimum scale wage for a union actor is not worth saying these horrible epithets... unless they agreed with it.

So, here, as my fuck you to them:

The original audition clips of the actors who appeared in the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjVDZxho54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqNFBt33o4

enjoy.

12voltman59
Apr 9, 2009, 2:06 PM
Thanks for posting that EP---it is interesting to note---that every single person who posted up responses on YouTube reacted negatively to what those actors were doing---that is encouraging--I am sure that not all of those people are GLBT but are also straight too---and it was good--there weren't any responses from someone saying like "god hates fags----you people are all sick and are going to hell" or something of that nature.

I bet that the "actors" who appear in this ad-----were recruited from those mega churches---you can tell that most of them don't have much experience with work of this kind---and that they directly appropriated the "rainbow coalition" concept----wow----that is really original isn't it?? Maybe Jesse Jackson's people can sue them for infringement of his organization's name!

It is also not very original in that the gay movement has used the concept of a rainbow as an identifier and symbol of the movement for over 30 years----my, my, my--how creative they are!!!

FalconAngel
Apr 9, 2009, 7:28 PM
I would love to get the original footage, with the chroma screen instead of the graphic in the background.

I would use every LGBT symbol I could find and put that in place of the dark and ominous clouds, then switch it at the station and air it with the improvements.

bityme
Apr 9, 2009, 7:41 PM
How about RESTORING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE?

GAY MARRIAGE, although not the norm, was legal until 324 A.D. when outlawed by the sons of "Christian" Emperor Constantine after the Roman Empire was split and each son was given half. Their joint decree was the first law specifically outlawing gay marriage.

I say, restore traditional Roman values.

darkeyes
Apr 9, 2009, 7:47 PM
"god hates fags---- "

Only cos they r givin 'im/'er/it a helluva coff an bad chest an 'e/she/it is vewwy sensibly scareda gettin the big C....:bigrin:

MarieDelta
Apr 10, 2009, 5:46 AM
@EP - Videos removed due to copyright objection by NOM?!?

LMFAO

These are people who are using the same arguments that bigots have always used.

That is:
"Giving someone rights discriminates against me, because then I cant take action due to my hatred and bigotry."

They may as well give up, if that is their only argument.

As a wise man once said/ sang -"The times they are a changing!"

You know its strange/stupid/illogical to me, we protect religous rights (and we should), but we know without doubt that you choose those beliefs. Whereas sexuality & gender we barely protect, and we know that you dont choose those.

MarieDelta
Apr 10, 2009, 8:12 PM
Good As You (http://www.goodasyou.org/) responds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2coiIjqM5PY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGe8DwBs-s

oh and here is an interview with NOM's president

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki6ciLAYbLU

JohniBi
Apr 10, 2009, 8:57 PM
Some one once said to me, "you think gays should have rights?" I say "yes as long as everyone's a cosenting adult" he says back to me "Okay, what if a brother and sister comited incest, should they have the right to do that if they're consenting adults?" I say "as long as they use a condom".:tong: