PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember The Pogues?

Azrael
May 9, 2007, 9:59 PM
I just got the remaster of 'Rum, Sodomy and the Lash'! Highly recommended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pogues

mindfinding
May 9, 2007, 10:47 PM
Well of course I do! I grew up a head banger with heavy punk influences.

What an odd thing to bring up. Thank you for the stroll down memory lane. :)

DiamondDog
May 9, 2007, 11:11 PM
yes I do, I love their music.

"Rum, Sodomy, & the lash" is an excellent album and I also like "If I should fall from grace with God".

Herbwoman39
May 9, 2007, 11:37 PM
Now I *really* feel old. Yep, I remember them. Didn't really get into them much until I started going to Renaissance Fairs though. Great stuff!

TinTin
May 10, 2007, 1:27 AM
Of course, i have all their albums, and they are all good in their way, Rum, Sodomy is probably my fave though. Shane McGowan is still alive as far as I know, despite a gallon of vodka a day.

noostoo
May 10, 2007, 5:04 AM
Of course, i have all their albums, and they are all good in their way, Rum, Sodomy is probably my fave though. Shane McGowan is still alive as far as I know, despite a gallon of vodka a day.

And they're still touring.... I know a gang of mad Dutchmen who travel to Dublin every time they play

Daniel1395
May 10, 2007, 7:42 AM
Yep The Pogues are brilliant, I have the best of album, my favourite song is Sally MacLennane

Fire Lotus
May 10, 2007, 1:50 PM

It may me the booze that's keeping him alive......or at least quite pickled. ;)

I too love much of The Pogues. I think though, a couple of my favorites were duets Shane did. "Haunted" with Sinead O'connor. And "Fairytale of New York" with Kirsty MacColl.

stroker
May 10, 2007, 4:01 PM
i go to their christmas shindig every year. usually get so drunk i can't remember actually seeing them

Dagni
May 10, 2007, 9:38 PM
Well, they still exist. And it's good.
But i never liked comments such as, hmm....for example "Black Sabbath", they were great. Black Sabbath is still active so as many other bands and i don't see any lower quality in new works in those bands. It's just going straight-forward in their direction what they choose to play.

At least, none of them sold out like poor Metallica did. You know, completely changing stile of music, different approach, new image, but the name is same. That's ridicilous and humiliated for the fans.