PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Fellow Bi's

morenito
Jul 10, 2006, 12:35 AM
Hi everyone,
call me old fashioned or plain dumb, but I'm wondering if any of you has ever hosted (not sexually, or at least primarily) a fellow Bi from a different city or country. I'm planning to visit Sacramento next month for about three days, and I sure would like to save $$$$ renting a hotel room.
Please do tell me if this has or has not been done. Also if it's not recommended or just call me plain old, cheap bastard.

Thank You all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skiflydive
Jul 10, 2006, 9:22 AM
What difference does the sexuality/gender make? There are networks of homeshare/homehost in EVERY social group I daresay. In your case your bisexuality has given you access to this network of interest. It could as well have been your religious, political or ethnic network.

The questions remain the same - is it a clean, safe, comfortable, welcoming place to stay for a day or two

DÆMØN
Jul 11, 2006, 8:07 AM
Yep ! People do " Billet ", a military term,
During wartime, civilians who have been evacuated from a city in danger of attack are billetted in communual shelters or in the homes of individuals.

Where ever you go, try to get online at a cyber cafe, and look up the local "Pink Pages" usually, The Pink Pages a GLBT Community & Business Resource both in Print & on the Web.
ie: www.pinkpages.org/ Often there are listings for GLBT bed & breakfasts, and billets of one kind or another in that city's particular GLBT community.