PDA

View Full Version : do it your way or "my way" ?

bigbadmax
Mar 18, 2011, 7:49 PM
My way is the most popular funeral music, but what would you want to see you off?

I wanna be burnt to "I am the god of hellfire" then "fire in the disco"

just to lighten the mood.

AidanS57
Mar 18, 2011, 8:07 PM
When I'm dead I won't care what they do but I'd appreciate it if they just got drunk as hell at a wake.

Aidan

bigbadmax
Mar 18, 2011, 8:12 PM
wakes are a given, coming from an Irish background, booze and bets on whose next always make for a good social gathering of the clan.

stungun
Mar 18, 2011, 8:26 PM
"Are You Experienced" by Jimi Hendrix
'But first:
Are you experienced?
Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have.'

raistkit
Mar 18, 2011, 8:48 PM
think porky pig said it best "that's all folks" that being said have told all my friends and family i want a viking funeral. have asked them to go to Canadian tire buy a rubber raft, place me in it , douse it with gasoline, and set me adrift. now the fun begins open the kegs o beer and break out the flaming arrows. if you can't remember me with smiles don't remember me at all.

kit

taz321
Mar 18, 2011, 10:43 PM
I would go along with playing the god of hell fire while getting cremated, and then if my family and friends insist on a funeral I want funeral for a friend from Sir Elton John to be played while they get drunk out of their minds and party like there is no tomorrow!! And then I would love for my bi friends to have one hell of an orgy!! :tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 18, 2011, 11:38 PM
What!?? No Marshmellows for S'mores??? lol
Bad Cat

by~his~side
Mar 19, 2011, 8:38 AM
"I Believe" by Diamiond Rio
But I have more than my song picked out....

I've had my burial plot assigned and paid for since I was 38.....I'll be eternal neighbors with my parents. I want to wear the old faded denim dress that is tucked back in the closet.....it was what I was wearing (or not wearing) when hubby and I first made love (who saves that stuff besides me and Monica Lewinsky??). No shoes..give me a pedi and let me rest barefoot. Make sure I'm having an ultra good hair day....if not, ask them to rewash it and do it again! Place a picture of my soulmate in the casket with me, lower the lid and I'm good to go!

I can explain. I'm a virgo. A detail oriented planner. Those who know me know how very true that is.

~D~
(google lyrics.com and listen to "I Believe". then drop me a line and let me know how beautiful you think the song is!)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 19, 2011, 12:40 PM
Well, I hope to die in bed, preferably with someone I like Real well. I want to be cremated, poured into a fast moving creek in a traditional Cherokee way, then have family and loved ones have a Huge BBQ and party to celebrate that I was in their lives, and loved them as I did. Nothing concieted about it, just a way to not be sad at the passing of a friend and lover. :}
Cat, simplistic. :}

darkeyes
Mar 19, 2011, 2:25 PM
Not gonna need owt for ne daft wake.. me has been called a Goddess in these here forums this week.. an as every1 knows Goddesses r immortal.. so me will just sit in on sigh asya all popya clogs an shed a tear or 2 forya passin... sit in bar an hav gud knees up wivya wen ya all get 2 the Elysian Fields an will hav the barbi goin an music boomin 2 makeya feel at home (soz.. my music.. am selfish cow.. but we will have fun promise ya that!!).. 'part from daft buggas who end up payin ther penny 2 me uncle Charon for a 1 way ticket 2 'is place in Hades.. will hav lil word in 'is shell likes 2 c if me can pop down an cheer up ya eternal misery 1ce in a wile...:tong:;)

roy m cox
Mar 20, 2011, 3:22 AM
well I'm sorta like a Klingon it's just a empty shell do with it want you want to ,

but let Sto'Vo'Kor know im coming ,

heh just being a silly bunny yeah i don't care what they do with my body when i die :tong:

Ms Baby
Mar 20, 2011, 11:11 AM
I don't have all the details figured out yet, but I will have Peggy Lee's song, "Is that All There Is?", played at my service.

Gerri

DuckiesDarling
Mar 20, 2011, 11:44 AM
Duck and I haven't gotten in depth discussing this as it's something neither of us hope to face in the near future. He's mentioned to me before he'd like to be cremated and I'd like that as well. Then I'd like our ashes mixed together and split in half. Half to be placed near his sister's grave and half shipped back to the States for my parents to have a funeral.

Whatever happens after our mortal bodies are gone we will still face eternity hand in hand well... ashes of hand in hand :tong:

innaminka
Mar 20, 2011, 11:14 PM
Mozart's Clarinet Concerto - the addagio!

then ... "Angie" by the Stones.

bigbadmax
Mar 21, 2011, 4:28 PM
If thrown in a hole-

maybe PWEI's "can u dig it? yes we can"

p